Thursday, December 2, 2010

November

November has been a great month, I spent the first week in Spain and after that I came back to Puerto Rico and made a visit to my friend Alvaro who is currently living in Boston.
Boston is a nice city, it does not look like the typical city of the States, for me it looks more than a European city. To be more accurate I'd say it has some neigbourhoods which could be in London and nobody there would notice anything.
My friend lives in Cambridge which is the part of the city where the university campus are, we visited Harvard and MIT which are the most important ones.
The sightseeing part was nice, even though the weather was so cold for a Bostonian(you can imagine how cold it was for a puertorican like me), surprisingly we went every day to walk and discover different parts of the city, I said surprisingly cause we party very hard every day, specially on friday when we had some adventures we'll probably remember for a long time.
And here it comes, the last week of november has been legend...wait for it...dary!
My friend Alvaro and Tonety from Spain came to my kingdom and as a host I tried to make them feel like if they were at home. Monday and tuesday were days to rest and charge the batteries for the upcoming events. On wednesday we went out just because I did not have to work the day after, thursday was the classic Thanksgiving and we celebrate it pretty well having the classical turkey.
On friday, saturday and sunday we went out and wake up pretty early every day to take the car and discover something new of this small island.
During their time here it was black friday so we went to do shopping, huge sales and disscounts in almost everything!

By the way I was told this weekend about the inception of several puertorican words, pretty funny:

Zafacón=papelera in spanish comes from the english expression "save a can".
Pana=amigo in spanish comes from the english word "partner".
Parisear= irse de fiesta in spanish comes from the english word "party"

No comments:

Post a Comment