Sunday, September 19, 2010

My new home

Hello everybody, I have been suffering some problems with the sink of the kitchen last few months, something caused by my upstairs neighbours who have been rebuilding their flat.
To solve those problems it is necessary to open up my kitchen wall and remove an old pipe to replace it for a new one and there is where the problem comes cause this is gonna last at least three days, and three days in Puerto Rico and talking about fixing a kitchen could mean a week or so.
My landlord offered me to move to my neighbours flat upstairs(they agree to lend me their flat this week, since it is their fault), but it was all up to me.
So last thursday I came to take a look to that flat and I could not believe what I saw, the flat has been rebuilt one year ago and nobody has lived here since that.
It is brand new, 2 floor flat plus an extra big terrace in the third with an amazing views of San Juan's bay.
AC included running all the time(it is even cold), modern bathroom and kitchen(with one of this huge modern fridge which does make ice and filters water), it does even have a little lift to carry stuff from the kitchen to the terrace...
After that I didn't hesitate to make the "effort" and move my stuff here to spend the week in this palace! It is like be living in a hotel.
Of course I am telling my landlord how taugh it is for me to move my old appartment but I am doing the "effort" just for her to repair it :)


And now I am sitting in the terrace with the computer hearing music and feeling more bohemian!
And now I am thinking about to drop in my old place this week and try to screw the rebuilding work so I can stay here!!

The longer I stay the better it's gonna be so lets see how long does the building work downstairs last...

2 comments:

  1. great place, Bohemian boricua!! aunque bohemio y viviendo en ese palacio, puede ser tb llamado "perro flauta" jajaja.

    Que pena no tenga ya demasiados reditos como para hacerte una visita y disfrutar de esa vista al calor de una birra

    ReplyDelete